CyberRisk Alliance Releases 2023 Year in Review Report
New York, NY, December 12, 2023 – In a year that once again redefined the cybersecurity landscape, the CyberRisk Alliance Business Intelligence (CRA BI) team has released its pivotal “2023 Cybersecurity Year in Review” report. Titled “SEC Ruling, AI Raise Security Stakes,” the comprehensive analysis confronts the escalating cybersecurity challenges faced by organizations and the individuals charged with securing them worldwide.
This year’s report zeroes in on the profound impact of the SEC's new data breach reporting requirement, the dual nature of generative AI in cybersecurity, and the surge in ransomware attacks amidst escalating geopolitical tensions. These developments have not only heightened the stakes for cybersecurity professionals but have also spurred a significant shift instrategic approaches and resource allocation.
As organizations grapple with the complex interplay of regulatory compliance, technological advancement, and evolving threat landscapes, this report synthesizes key 2023 trends, survey data, and expert opinions to equip cybersecurity buyers, influencers, and decision-makers with the knowledge they need to navigate the challenges ahead.
Among the key insights that the 2023 Year In Review Report explores are:
· Ransomware Defense Takes Center Stage: Significant ransomware attacks once again defined the year, prompting a reevaluation of defense strategies. Comprehensive insights from the Cybersecurity Buyer Intelligence (CBIR) surveys, enriched with expert analysis, deliver a forward-looking view on bolstering defenses against these threats in 2024.
· Privacy in the Age of Third-Party Apps: The proliferation of third-party applications brought privacy threats to the forefront. By analyzing key news and CBIR survey results, the CyberRisk Alliance report provides a clearer understanding of these concerns and offers proactive steps to mitigate privacy risks in the future.
· The Evolving Landscape of Vulnerability Management: Navigating the complexities of vulnerability management requires a nuanced approach. A synthesis of the year’s news, survey results, and expert insights in the report outlines a strategic path for effective vulnerability management and anticipates shifts in the threat landscape.
· Cloud Security and Bridging the Investment and Implementation Gap: Despite the surge in cloud infrastructure investment, a gap clearly remains in security implementation. An examination of this critical gap, informed by recent incidents, CBIR survey results, and expert opinions, lays out a strategic plan for closing the divide and fortifying cloud environments.
· Balancing IAM Security with User Experience: The intersection of IAM security and user experience demands a delicate equilibrium. This discussion draws from recent developments, CBIR survey findings, and CSC/CSF membership experiences to recommend strategies that prioritize security while enhancing user experience.
“The defining events of 2023 were certainly the SEC ruling and the hype over generative AI,” said Bill Brenner, senior vice president of audience content strategy at CyberRisk Alliance. “But ransomware, third party risk, and the evolution of cloud security and identity management strategies in the post-COVID era all maintained a level of worthy prominence inthe landscape throughout the year.”
CyberRisk Alliance’s 2023 Cybersecurity Year in Review report not only chronicles the challenges faced in the cybersecurity realm but also serves as a guide and predictor for the strategies of 2024. As the cybersecurity landscape continues its rapid evolution, the insights from this report prove essential for professionals aiming to stay ahead of emerging threats and effectively integrate new technologies.
Explore the comprehensive findings and analyses of the “2023Cybersecurity Year in Review” by downloading the full report.
About CyberRisk Alliance
CyberRisk Alliance provides business intelligence that helps the cybersecurity ecosystem connect, share knowledge, accelerate careers, and make smarter and faster decisions. Through our trusted information brands, network of experts, and innovative events we provide cybersecurity professionals with actionable insights and act as a powerful extension of cybersecurity marketing teams. Our brands include SC Media, the Official Cybersecurity Summits, TECHEXPO Top Secret, Security Weekly, InfoSec World, Identiverse, Cybersecurity Collaboration Forum, Cybersecurity Collaborative, ChannelE2E, MSSP Alert, and LaunchTech Communications. Learn more at www.cyberriskalliance.com.